How to Get Horse Manure off of your Clothing
Horse manure is just as frustrating to get off your clothing as any other type of farm animal manure. So, here’s an easy way for you to get it off your clothes.
What you will need:
- Baking soda and water paste (50/50 solution, mixed well)-
- Scrubber brush or rough sponge
- Paint scraper
- Take the paint scraper and get off any of the horse dung that may have hardened. This method works well because it makes sure that you’re not scrubbing the dung deeper into your clothing; you’re just scraping it off.
- Take the baking soda and water paste and apply it to the area using your fingers (which is why you should be wearing gloves). Don’t scrub too hard, just apply it over the area. Allow this to sit for an hour or so. This will help to get rid of the stain and to sanitize and deodorize the affected area.
- Take the scrubber brush or sponge and wet it with water. Start to gently rub away at the affected area. This has a dual purpose of getting rid of the paste and any of the stain that the paste was eating away.
- Repeat the above process until the stain is gone. Wash the article of clothing as usual. Check the article of clothing between washing and drying; if the stain still appears to be there, allow the clothing to air dry and repeat the above process. Using a dryer while it is still stained will make the stain set in more, and make it more difficult (or impossible) to remove.