How to Get Pigeon Poop Out of Your Clothing
The unimaginable has happened to you. You were out taking a walk, and as a pigeon flew by, you got some pigeon poop on your clothing. Or, you may be someone that raises pigeons and you got it on your clothes during your everyday cleaning and care routine. No matter what the reason, you got pigeon poop on your clothes, it smells horrible, and it needs to come out now.
What you will need:
- Cold water
- Club soda
- Baking soda
- Sponge or bristle brush
- First, take the baking soda and sprinkle it over the affected area. This will deodorize the affected area and it will start to take away any of the stain. Allow this to sit for an hour or two.
- Take the cold water and put your article of clothing into it. Make sure this is as cold as possible; cold water gets rid of stains. Warm water will, instead, start to “cook” the stain into your clothing, making it more difficult to get rid of. Allow the article of clothing to soak for an hour or so.
- Now, soak your sponge or bristle brush with club soda, using it to gently scrub at the stain for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse the article of clothing in the cold water, and check to see if any progress has been made on the stain. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the stain has mostly disappeared.
- Wash the article of clothing as usual. Do not put it in the dryer; allow the article of clothing to air dry and check to make sure that the stain is gone. If not, repeat the entire process again, until the stain has been removed completely.