Clean Shower Tiles Soap Scum Option Two: Vinegar
What you will need before you begin option 2:
- Spray bottle
- Soft bristle brush
- Liquid dish soap
There are many harsh cleaning chemicals that can be purchased at the store to rid your shower tiles of the nasty soap scum, but this is the 21st century and many people are looking for the greener and cost effective way of rejuvenating the bathroom tiles.
The good news is there are many simple and easy ways to clean shower tiles soap scum. All you will need are a few household products and a little elbow grease.
Vinegar is quickly becoming one of the most versatile cleaning agents because of its ability to clean without harming the surface or the fabric being cleaned. It is also a very environmental friendly medium to cook and clean with. There are a number of great sites that can let you explore all of the wonderful uses of vinegar.
- To clean shower tiles soap scum you will first need to create the vinegar solution. The solution is created with equal parts water to equal parts white distilled vinegar.
- Next, you will add a squirt of liquid dish soap in the solution.
- Next, you will need to spray the vinegar solution directly onto the shower tiles and allow the solution to sit on the tiles for a short amount of time. You will need to leave the vinegar solution on the shower tiles for about 15 minutes for the vinegar to break up the soap scum.
- Once you have allowed the solution to sit for about 15 minutes you will need to begin scrubbing. Remember to scrub gently if you have fragile tiles in your shower. Again, you will use a little elbow grease with this method, but you will remove the soap scup without harming your beautiful tiles.
- Finally, you will rinse the tiles with hot water. If the soap scum remains you can repeat the steps above. You can also leave the vinegar solution on the tiles for more than 15 minutes before scrubbing. The vinegar will clean shower tiles soap scum without harming the tiles.