Coffee (With Cream) Stain Removal from Washable Fabrics
What you will need:
- Pretreatment laundry stain remover
- Heavy-duty liquid detergent
- Chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach
- Dry cleaning solvent
- Absorbent towels
The milk, many put in their coffee, can cause coffee stains to be dealt with differently than just a plain old coffee stain. Follow these next steps to remove coffee with cream:
- Choose a pretreatment laundry stain removal from any supper market. Try and find a stain removal product that will work best for coffee stains.
- Saturate the stain with the chosen stain removal product. You can use your fingers to ensure you have completely worked in the stain remover.
- Allow the product to penetrate the fabric. If the stain is particularly bad you can rub the fabric with heavy-duty liquid detergent.
- Wash normally right away with the hottest water the garment will allow. Inspect the area. Do not dry unless the stain has been removed. If the stain remains continue on to the next steps.
- Wash your garment again. This time use bleach, if your fabric is colorfast, or oxygen bleach for colored fabric.
- Inspect the clothing again. If the stain remains you can try one last cleaning solution.
- To completely remove the coffee stain from your clothing you can apply a dry cleaning solvent to the back of the stain. You want to apply the dry cleaning solvent to the back of the garment so that you do not spread the stain to other parts of the fabric.
- Place the garment on an absorbent towel to allow the solvent to dry.
- Rinse the garment with warm water through the back of the stain. Again this is so you do not rinse the stain into other parts of the fabric.
- Wash the garment as you normally would. If the stain remains you can repeat the coffee stain removal steps above.
When choosing your pretreatment stain removal you will want to make sure you choose the right type of product. You can do this by reading the product to ensure it will help you rid yourself of the coffee stain. Remember the quicker you get to the stain the easier it will be to rid yourself of the coffee stains.