How to Get Dog Urine Stains Out of Carpet
What you will need:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Hydrogen peroxide
Dog stains on your carpet are not only an eye sore, but they can also smell. To remove the dog stain from your carpet and remove the odor follow these steps.
- Check to see if the area is still wet. If the carpet is still wet try and remove as much of it from the carpet as you can. To do this stack up several layers of paper towels and place it over the stain. To absorb the urine step on the paper towels to apply enough pressure to the carpet. Continue to change the paper towels and apply pressure until you cannot get any more of the stain up.
- Next, you will need to make a solution of 50% white vinegar and 50% water.
- Using a scrub brush apply a generous amount of the diluted vinegar to the carpet. Ensure you use enough to penetrate the entire stained area.
- Using paper towels begin to blot up the vinegar solution from the carpet.
- Once the area seems as dry as you can get it sprinkle the stained carpet with baking soda.
- Next, mix a solution of 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the solution over the baking soda.
- Using a scrub brush, work in the baking soda and solution into the carpet thoroughly.
- Allow the area to dry completely. The baking soda should absorb the liquid solution and the dog stain.
- Once the carpet is dry vacuum up the baking soda. If the baking soda does not come up right away use a hard bristle brush to break it up.
How to Get Dog Poop Stains Out of Carpet
What you will need:
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Dust pan
- Pre-wash laundry stain remover (oxi-Action)
- Cold water
- Dishwashing detergent
- Scrub brush
Accidents happen! Unfortunately dog poop can happen on your carpet too. Removing these stains can be easy with the right tips.
- Begin the stain removal process by putting on the rubber gloves and scraping the poop into the dustpan. If there is any dog poop left pick it up with a wet paper towel.
- Next, add the dishwashing detergent to cold water. Mix until the water becomes soapy.
- Next, spray the dog poop stain with Oxi-Action pre-wash laundry stain remover.
- Apply the soapy water, over the stain covered in Oxi-Action, with a scrub brush. Continue to scrub.
- Alternate steps 3 and 4 until the stain is no longer visible.
- To dry the carpet use several layers of paper towels and apply pressure with your foot. continue to change the paper towels and continue to apply pressure until the carpet is dry.