How to Remove Mildew from Leather Garments
What you will need:
- Clean white cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Fan or breeze
- Mild detergent
- Leather wax or conditioner
Leather is an expensive fabric to buy so when you find a mildew stain on your leather clothing your first thought is to clean the garment. Sense leather is expensive you will need to take care when removing the mildew stains.
- To begin removing a mildew stain, from leather, you will need to make a solution of 1 cup rubbing alcohol and 1 cup of water.
- Dampen a clean white cloth with the solution and gently wipe at the mildew stains.
- Allow a fan or air current to dry the solution. Do not leave the solution on the jacket or garment!
- Inspect the leather. If the stain remains move on to step 5.
- If the mildew stain was not removed using rubbing alcohol you should create a sudsy mixture of mild detergent and water.
- Really stir up the soap and the water to create a lot of bubbles.
- Dampen a clean white cloth with only the suds form the mixture.
- Gently wipe the damp cloth over the mildew stain.
- Again dry in a place with an air current or place by a fan.
- Once the stain has been removed you can condition the leather clothing or wax leather luggage.