How to Get Pit Stains Out Method 2: Lemon Juice and Salt
What you will need:
- Lemon juice
- sunlight (optional)
Lemon juice is used in many stain removal processes because it will act as a natural bleaching agent. For this reason you will need to test your clothing before you use this method. To test if lemon juice is safe to use on your clothing place a small amount on the inseam of the shirt. Allow it to sit for about 1 minute. Rinse the shirt with cold water. Inspect the fabric. If the color did not change or fade the lemon juice is safe to use.
- Now that you know it is safe to use lemon juice on your shirt begin by wetting the pit stains with the lemon wedge or bottled lemon juice.
- Next, you will need to sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the lemon juice.
- Now you will want to rub the pit stained shirt between your fingers. You should do this until you see the stain lift.
- If you have a particularly stubborn armpit stain you can place the pit stained shirt in the sun to continue to the stain removal process. Just remember that you are continuing to bleach out your shirt in the sun. You will need to watch and make sure that you are not changing the color or fading the color of your shirt.
- Once the stain is dry you can launder the shirt as you normally would.
- Inspect the shirt. If the pit stains remain repeat the steps above. Remember do not put the shirt in the dryer unless the stain has been completely removed. The dryer will only set the stain further into the shirt.
How to Get Pit Stains Out Method 3: Denture Tablets
What you will need:
- 2 denture tablets
- clean water
This stain removal method is very easy and simple to complete. Simply follow the steps below and your pit stain woes will be solved.
- If you notice that the pit stains on your shirt are yellow you should use this method to treat the stains.
- To begin this process you will need to place 2 denture cleaning tablets in a bucket.
- Next, pour hot clean water over the denture tablets. Don't be alarmed when the denture tablets begin to foam. This is what the denture tablets are supposed to do.
- Add the pit stained shirt to the denture tablet water. Allow the shirt to soak until the yellow stains have ben removed. If the stains are stubborn then you may have to leave the shirt to soak for several hours.
- Inspect the area. If the stain remains repeat the process. If the stain has been removed wash as you normally would.