How to Get Rust Stains Out With Cream Of Tartar
What you will need:
- Boiling water
- Cream of tartar
This method of removing rust stains if for white clothing only. Cream of tartar has a natural chemical makeup that can help remove rust stains from white clothing, but when mixed with hydrogen peroxide you can remove rust stains from surfaces like bathtubs and toilets.
- To remove rust stains from your white clothing you will need to start by dampening the fabric with water. Do not saturate the fabric only dampen it.
- Apply the cream of tartar to the rust stain. You can do this by making a small pile on top of the stain.
- Next, you will need to boil water in a small sauce pan.
- Once the water has come to a boil hold the rust stained fabric, with the cream of tartar, over the steam coming from the hot water.
- Allow it to sit there for a few minutes. Be careful you do not burn your hands with the steam.
- Rinse the cream of tartar off of you clothing with clean water.
- Inspect the rust stained fabric. If the stain has been removed wash as you normally would. If the stain remains you will need to repeat the process until the stain has been completely removed.