How to Get Human Urine Stains Out of Carpet: Method 3
What you will need:
- White vinegar
- Warm water
- Paper towels
- Wet-dry vacuum
This third method of removing human urine stains from carpet calls for a vinegar solution. The vinegar should neutralize the urine stain from the carpet and remove the odor this stain some times causes.
- To begin method 3 you will need to try and extract all of the urine from the carpet. You can do this by taking several layers of paper towels and applying them to the carpet. You will then need to use your foot to apply pressure to the stain. Continue to change the paper towels and apply pressure with your foot until you can no longer remove any urine from the carpet.
- Next, you will need to make a mixture of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water. Mix the solution well.
- Now you will need to apply the solution to the stain with a white cloth or paper towels.
- Blot the urine stain with the damped paper towel. Again do not rub the stain, only blot.
- Next, you will need to flush the carpet with warm water. The purpose of this step is to ensure all of the stain fighting solution is removed from the carpet. If any of the solution is left on the carpet it could create a new stain.
- Finally, you will need to soak up the remaining moisture from the carpet. You can do this by using paper towels or a wet-dry vac.
- Once the carpet is dry inspect the area. If the stain remains continue to repeat the steps of this method until the stain has been remove completely.