How to Polish Stainless Steel
Polishing stainless steel is rather simple and can leave everything in your home looking nice and clean. Pots, pans, the sink, and a variety of other items can be polished using this method without worry of contaminating them.
What you will need:
- Baking soda
- Soft cloths
- First, make a paste of baking soda and water.
- Clean the item that you are cleaning (sink, pots and pans, etc) by scrubbing it gently and rinse the paste away from the item or area.
- Dry the area or item off completely; there can be absolutely no moisture before you start the next step.
- Take about ¼ of a cup of flour and shake it all over the area or item that you are polishing. Allow the flour to sit for five minutes.
- Then, take another soft cloth and buff at the item or affected area using the flour. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until your sink appears to be glistening clean.
- Take another dry towel and wipe out the leftover flour.
As you can see, it’s incredibly easy. You also don’t have to get any special polishes or solutions to polish your stainless steel – you can do it just by taking common items from around your home and using them to your benefit.