How to Remove Cake Frosting Stains From Carpet
What you will need:
- Dull knife
- Paper towels
- White Vinegar
- Cold water
- Clean white cloth
- plastic bag
Having a kids party on your carpet can be a nightmare when the cake comes out. Both adults and kids alike can drop cake frosting on your carpet leaving you to clean the mess when the crowd clears. The quicker you can begin to treat the cake frosting stain the easier it will be to remove.
- Just like removing the cake frosting stains from clothing you should try and fight the urge to wipe the cake frosting away. Instead use a dull knife to gently scrape the excess frosting from the carpet. Gently is the key word. Do not scrape too hard as to not ruin the carpet.
- Next, mix 1 cup of cold water with 1 cup of white vinegar. Mix the solution well to evenly distribute the vinegar in the water. Tip: Ensure you use cold water! Hot water will only further set the stain into the carpet.
- Dampen the clean white cloth by submerging it into the vinegar solution and then wringing it out.
- Before treating the stain you should conduct a test on the carpet. Vinegar can cause the carpets colors to fade or change. Test a small out of the way area. If there is no color change or color fade you can proceed with the remaining stains.
- Now that you know the solution is safe to use on the carpet, saturate the clean white cloth with the vinegar solution.
- Blot the cake frosting stain with the saturated cloth. Ensure that you have completely saturated the stained area and ensure that you are only blotting the stain not rubbing the stain.
- Once you feel you have removed the cake frosting stain you should place a paper towel over the damp area of the carpet. Allow the paper towel to soak up as much of the liquid as possible. Change the paper towel as needed.
- Next, you will place a plastic bag over the paper towel soaking up the liquid.
- Place a weight, like a heavy book, over the plastic and paper towel.
- Allow the paper towel to soak up the liquid overnight.
- In the morning lift the book, plastic bag, and paper towel off of the cake frosting stained area.
- Inspect the carpet. If the stain remains repeat the stain removal process. If the cake frosting stain has been removed you can vacuum the carpet to try and make look as good as new.