Remove Calamine Lotions Stains from Carpet
What you will need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Dull knife
- Paper towel
- Hydrogen peroxide
There are many health benefits to using calamine lotions on your skin. Many people only use it if they have a rash or poison ivy, but you can use it to help with acne as well. Because there are so many uses for the calamine lotions the stains seem to pop up all over your house. When calamine lotions stain your carpet you will need follow the steps below.
- If the calamine lotions stain is fresh try blotting it with a paper towel to remove any of the excess calamine lotions. If the stain is dry you can remove the excess calamine lotion by gently scraping it with a dull knife.
- Wet a clean white paper towel with rubbing alcohol.
- Blot the stain until the color stain has been removed. The stain should be transferred to the paper towel. If you have a big stain you can change the paper towel and rubbing alcohol as often as you need. Be careful to not over soak the carpet with the rubbing alcohol. It will dry out the latex in the backing of the carpet.
- Inspect the carpet. If the calamine lotion stain remains you can move on to step 5, but if the stain has been removed stop. You do not want to over clean.
- Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon hand dishwashing detergent and 1 quart of water. This will create the detergent needed to remove the stain.
- Apply a small amount of detergent to the stained area. Use a blotting motion to work the detergent into the carpet with a clean white paper towel.
- Continue to apply detergent and blot the stain until you can no longer remove any more or the stain has been completely removed.
- Once you feel the stain is has been removed flush the stained area with clean cold water. This will remove any of the remaining cleaning agents left on the carpet.
- Blot up the moisture from flushing the carpet.
- Once the moisture is removed you will need to spray the calamine lotions stains with clean cold water. This time do not blot the carpet dry.
- Apply a clean paper towel to the wet area on the carpet and then place a heavy object over the top of it.
- Allow the wet area to dry.
- Inspect the area. If the stain has been removed you can vacuum the carpet to make it look as good as new.