How to Remove Eye Shadow Stains From the Carpet
What you will need:
- Clean white cloth
- Dry-cleaning solvent
- Dishwashing liquid
There are times when you are applying your eye shadow and you drop the container holding the makeup right on the carpet. Again your first reaction might be to brush the makeup off of the carpet, but you will need to fight that urge. Rubbing or brushing the eye shadow will only make it worse. To remove the eye shadow stain from the carpet you will need to follow these simple steps.
- Blot, not rub, the eye shadow stain with a clean white cloth. When you blot the stain place the cloth directly over the stain and apply pressure. If the eye shadow has not had time to penetrate the fibers of the carpet you should be able to lift the stain with just this step.
- If the stain is a little more stubborn you can apply a small amount of dry-cleaning solution to a clean white cloth.
- Next, you will need to blot the stain with the dry-cleaning solvent. Continue to do this until the dry-cleaning solvent has been absorbed into the carpet.
- Inspect the area. If the stain remains you will need to continue to repeat steps 2-4. Continue to repeat these steps until the stain has been removed. If the stain is not removed with these steps you can move on to step 5.
- For this next step you will need to mix a solution of 2 cups warm water and 1 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Ensure that you mix the solution well so that the soap has been evenly distributed through the water.
- Completely saturate a clean white cloth with the solution.
- Using the wet cloth blot the eye shadow stain. Like the dry-cleaning solvent you will need to continue blotting until the liquid has been absorbed into the carpet.
- Inspect the stained area. If the stain remains you will need to repeat steps 5-7 until the stain has been removed. If the clean white cloth becomes too soiled during the process it may be necessary to change it.