How to Remove Eyebrow Pencil Stains From Leather
In some very unfortunate circumstances, you may get eyebrow pencil stains on a leather jacket or belt. These are not as simple to remove as with other fabrics, but it is not impossible.
What you will need:
- Mild soap and lukewarm water (swish to create lots of suds)
- Clean cloth
- Corn meal or another absorbent
- Leather cleaner or conditioner
- Take the lukewarm water and soap. Put the sponge in the mixture, only using the suds or foam (no water). Gently apply the foam to the affected area on the leather, several times if necessary. Pat, don’t rub.
- Take a clean cloth and dry off the area that you were applying the foam to. At this point, you should notice that the eyebrow pencil stains have been significantly reduced, if not completely gone.
- In some cases, grease or oil from the eyebrow pencil may still be on the leather. If this is the case, take corn meal (or some other absorbent, whatever you have around the house) and sprinkle it over the affected area. Lay the leather out and allow it to sit. It may have to sit overnight in some cases, depending on how badly the stain set into the piece of leather.
- After it is done absorbing, brush or shake off the absorbent entirely.
- If the stain is still there, then repeat the entire process. This usually eliminates the problem the first time, but more set-in stains may take another go.
- After the stain is completely removed, condition the leather with leather cleaner and/or conditioner. This will help your leather to look as if it were as good as new.