How to Remove Stains From Fiberglass Pools
While it may be true fiberglass pools are overall easier to maintain than more traditional cement pools, they are not maintenance free.Your fiberglass pool is likely to get an unsightly ring around its waterline, due to sun screens and body oils. And stains, like rust can also sometimes occur because of metals in the pool. Collect the following items to clean your pool:
- Liquid dish detergent and water to make a solution
- Soft brush or cloth
- Chlorine tablet that you use to keep your pool chlorinated.
To remove a simple "ring" try the following steps:
- Make a solution of a small amount of liquid dish detergent and water.
- Using a soft brush or cloth, scrub the water ring with the solution.
- To remove rust from your fiberglass pool simply rub a chlorine tablet over the affected area and scrub it with a soft brush to remove the rust stain.