How to Remove Furniture Wax Stains From Fabric
When you are waxing your furniture, there are probably times that you will accidentally get some on your sleeves or clothing. Do not fret; all is not lost. Getting rid of furniture wax stains that get on your clothing or other fabrics is fairly simple.
What you will need:
- Mineral spirits
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Cotton ball
- Dip the cloth into the mineral spirits. Gently rub the cloth onto the stain and allow the spirits to sit for one minute. This will allow the spirits to set in and start to “eat away” at the stain.
- Take the cloth and blot the stain and mineral spirits. You may have to repeat this several times before the stain lightens enough for the next part. Replace the cloth if necessary.
- Note: Make sure that you read the instructions on your clothing before you do this part; if your clothing is dry-clean only, just continue the above process until the furniture wax stain disappears. Otherwise, the acetone in the nail polish remover could make your clothing disintegrate.
- Take a cotton ball with acetone nail polish remover and dab the affected area carefully, soaking up what is left of the stain.
- Launder the clothing or fabric as you usually would. Make sure to check the article of clothing or fabric before you switch it into the dryer; if the stain is still there, air dry the clothing. If you do not, the stain could set in permanently and be more difficult to remove using this method. So, if the stain is not gone, allow the clothing to dry and then repeat the above process until the stain is eliminated.