How to Remove Grapefruit Stains From Furniture or Carpeting
The process for removing grapefruit juice stains from your carpet or sofa is similar to your clothes, except you won't be laundering your furniture and there is another step for stubborn stains. Gather the these items together, if you should have a grapefruit spill and try the following steps to remove the resulting stain:
What You'll Need:
- Papertowel or clean cloth
- Liquid Detergent and cool water to make a solution
Instructions to Remove Grapefruit Stains:
- Blot the area with a clean cloth or papertowel
- Next sponge with a cool water and liquid detergent solution.
- Blot again with clean cloth until liquid absorbed.
- Continue until stain is gone.
If this fails to produce the desired results, try the second option:
- Mix a tablespoon of ammonia with 2 cups warm water.
- Blot stain with solution until removed.
**Although this site is primarily about using tried and true household products and doesn't specifically promote commercial preparations, as a general rule, a good all pupose stain remover, when most things fail is, an oxygen bleach (the most common brand being Oxy Clean).