How to Remove Grease Stains from Wood
What you will need:
- Liquid dishwashing detergent
- Hot water
- Clean white cloth
- Wood polish or wax
Removing grease stains from wood surfaces or floors can be easier than you may think. You can follow these simple stain removal steps whether you are trying to remove food grease stains or auto grease stains from your wood surfaces or floors.
- You will need to begin by mixing warm sudsy water. You can do this by adding the liquid dishwashing detergent to the warm water and swishing it around until the water is really sudsy.
- Take your cloth and only dip it into the suds not the water! Gently wipe the cloth along the wood surface or floor.
- Use anther clean cloth and moisten it with clean water. Use the damp cloth to rinse the wood.
- Finally, allow the wood to fully dry. Inspect the area. If the stain remains repeat the steps above. If the stain has been removed you should polish or wax the wood as soon as possible.