Removing Powder Makeup Stains from Polyester
Okay, so now that we know how to remove liquid makeup stains from polyester, you’re probably wondering how you can remove powder stains from your polyester as well? Thankfully, powder stains are much easier to deal with. Sometimes you can brush them off, but if the powder product you’re using is colored in any way, it may need some extra love in order to get rid of the stain.
What you will need:
- Baking soda and water solution (mixed into a paste)
- Sponge or soft cloth
- Club soda
- Take the baking soda “paste” and apply it over the affected area with the sponge. Leave it to sit for anywhere from a half-hour to 45 minutes.
- Rinse the article of clothing thoroughly. Check the affected area to see if the stain has disappeared or not. If so, launder as usual. If not, go on to the next step.
- Take the club soda and flush the affected area with this. Make sure that the club soda is fizzing over the stain; that means that it’s working on the stain. Continue to flush until the club soda no longer fizzes.
- Flush the entire article of clothing with water. At this point, the stain should be completely gone. If not, dry the article of clothing and then repeat this whole process, starting with step 1.