Tips to Removing Marble Stains with Mangia Macchia Paste
What you will need:
- Mangia macchia paste
- Plastic wrap
- A putty knife or a dull knife
- Clean water
- A sponge
There are a few great products to use when trying to rid your beautiful marble surfaces of their very ugly stains. Mangia macchia paste is an excellent poultice to use. The jar that you can buy at the hardware store is already mixed and ready to use.
- All you will need to do with the mangia macchia paste is apply a very generous amount of the product to the marble stain.
- Next, you will cover the poultice product with plastic wrap. This time you will not need to apply any tape to the plastic wrap.
- Allow the poultice product to sit for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the mangia macchia paste and allow it to fully dry. This should take a few more hours. You can touch the paste to see if it is dry when you think it is ready to be removed.
- Scrape the mangia macchia paste away with a dull knife or a putty knife. Inspect the area. If the stain has been fully removed wash the marble down with clean water and a sponge.
Using an already existent poultice will save you time in the long run. It might be helpful to just run to the hardware store and pick up the ready made paste to assist you in removing your marble stains.