Remove Relish Stains From Carpeting
What You Will Need Before You Start
- Oxygen bleach
- White vinegar
- Clean white absorbent towels
- Clean sponge, or clean rags
- Baking soda
Your carpets often take the brunt of the stains and other grime in our home. Save your carpets from a permanent stain with a few quick cleaning steps that will remove relish stains and leave things looking as good as new.
- Scrape up any excess relish. You may find that it is easier to remove the relish by using a spoon so that you don’t accidentally squash the relish into the carpet or rug.
- Mix a scoop of oxygen bleach with a cup of white vinegar and two cups of cool water.
- Cover the stain with the cleaning solution and allow it to set for up to fifteen minutes.
- Blot at the stain with a clean sponge and cool water. Continue until you have effectively removed all of the suds and the stain has been removed.
- Blot the area dry using a white absorbent towel.
- Once the carpet or rug has dried thoroughly, sprinkle it with baking soda.
- Allow the baking soda to sit on the carpet or rug for up to fifteen minutes and then vacuum thoroughly.
If the stain is proving to be exceptionally difficult then you may have better luck using a bit of ammonia blotted onto the stain. Just remember to never mix ammonia and any form of bleach, as the fumes from this combination can be very harmful to your health.