Removing Urine Stains from Mattresses Method Two
What you will need:
- White Vinegar
- Dishwashing liquid detergent
- A sponge
- Absorbent paper towels
- Clean water
When trying to remove urine stains from mattresses vinegar and cornstarch seem to be the two biggest helps. This method of removing the urine stains combines the two cleaning products to ensure the stain and smell are properly removed from the mattress. Here are the steps to removing urine stains from mattresses:
- First you are going to need to use absorbent paper towels to soak up as much of the wet urine from the mattress as possible.
- Next you will want to mix the vinegar and liquid dishwashing detergent solution. You should create the solution using one part white vinegar and two parts dishwashing liquid.
- Use a wet sponge to dab a generous amount of the vinegar solution over the stain. Ensure the solution has been thoroughly worked into the stain.
- let the soap and vinegar solution sit for about 30 minutes.
- Now take a clean wet sponge and remove or pull up as much of the vinegar solution as possible.
- Finally you should sprinkle the wet area with cornstarch. This should pull up the rest of the urine from the mattress. Like method 1 you are going to leave the cornstarch to dry for several hours.
- Once the cornstarch is dry you can vacuum up the cornstarch from the mattress.
- If the urine stain remains you can continue to repeat the removing urine stain from mattress steps until the stain has been completely removed.
This method already has you use vinegar to remove the urine stain and smell from the mattress, but if there is still a smell you can use the cider vinegar and baking powder method to continue freshening the mattress.