How To Remove Whiskey Stains From Carpets
What You Will Need Before You Start
- Club soda
- Clean sponge
- Clean white absorbent towels
Carpets often fall victim to spills and stains. The great news is that with swift action you’ll be able to get rid of the whiskey stains before they become a permanent fixture of your home. Remember, also, that if you don’t treat stains swiftly they can become messy magnets for additional dirt and grime to become trapped.
- Thoroughly saturate the whiskey stain with the club soda.
- Place a clean white towel on top of the saturated stain and press firmly to lift up the moisture from the carpet.
- Repeat pressing with the towel until the stain has been worked out of the carpet.
- If you find that the stain is proving to be a challenge then blot a bit of ammonia, on a clean sponge, onto the stain.
- Press the towel firmly onto the stain and observe it. You may need to repeat a few times until the stain has been thoroughly removed.
- Blot the area with another water-soaked sponge to rinse the ammonia out of the carpet.
- Use another clean white towel to absorb the moisture from the floor.
Once the carpet has thoroughly dried you should see absolutely no trace of the whiskey stain! These same steps will prove exceptionally effective if you are faced with the need to know how to remove whiskey stains from upholstered furniture.
Keep in mind, always, that the older a stain is the more challenging it will prove to remove the stain. It is always best to swiftly absorb as much of a fresh spill as possible before you are faced with a difficult stain. When working on the stain, always work from the outside towards the center in order to avoid making the stain spread out further.